Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Blessing to Parents Who Lost Their Child

In loving memory of Travis and his parents, Wil and Pat.



I can't help but think

Time itself
should have



Stopped.



When her son took his very
last
breath.



Hopelessly hoping he's holding his breath
I'll hold mine too,
And we'll pray
that this isn't
his . . .



How she is aching,
Her weeping heart breaking,
And I . . .
I have nothing
to offer.



A word, a cliché,
The "right" thing to say.
My prayers in a
tear-covered
coffer.



All I can say
on this darkest of days,
the thing that I KNOW I can do:
A prayer and a rhyme
A hope for this time
A wish and blessing for you.



May you be weak,
If it's strength that you seek,
For the "strong" may fall to the ground.
May you lay all your fears
Cry your bittersweet tears,
On your friends that you have all around.
May your burden be bared,
May your sorrow be shared,
May you never be standing alone.
And when you are pained
May you still be sustained

By the many who come to His throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment