Thursday, July 2, 2009

Not Alone

Yesterday, Mike and I celebrated three years of marriage. I love him.



I travel, I travel, this pathway called life,
The only quest I have known.
And though I must walk on the edge of a knife,
I do not travel alone.
I travel, I travel this path as a wife;
I do not travel alone.

The banshees, the worries, may wail and moan,
The specters may visit at night,
The sirens’ temptations hypnotically drone--
You’re always holding me tight.
Into your arms I have trustingly flown,
I’m always holding you tight.

I travel, I travel here, day after day
How difficult travel has grown!
Even if giants are blocking my way
I do not face them alone.
Come what troubles and trials that may;
I do not face them alone.

2 comments:

  1. no, you don´t face them alone....your marriage is a union of three....

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww! great poem!! i wish i had this read at my wedding!

    ReplyDelete